Double at Mill: An AoS Doubles Tournament 16th/17th MarchRegular price £50.00 Save £-50.00
What is Double at Mill?
Double at Mill is a 2K Age of Sigmar Doubles Tournament with a few twists to make it a really fun event.
- Randomly generated scenarios each round
- Raffle tickets each round
- Random ways to win the tickets each round
At the last Trouble at Mill players won everything from a packet of Haribo to a Vanguard Maggotkin box for being the first player to do things like:
- Lose your general
- Lose a unit to Unleash Hell
- Complete a 12" charge
So you may come last but you might still walk away with more prizes than first place!
This event will use the BCP app to tun the event. Please register for it HERE
System: Warhammer Age of Sigmar Pitched Battles
Registration: Saturday at 8:45 AM.
Location: Leodis Games, 10 Springfield Mills, Bagley Lane, Leeds, LS28 5LY
Battle Size: 1,000 points per player for a total army size of 2,000 points.
Board Size: 60” x 44”
Missions: Pitched Battle Battleplans from the Generals Handbook
No. of Games: Five
Army Selection: See the Battlehost restrictions on the Pitched Battle chart in the Generals Handbook. Please note that each player may only include one model that has a points cost of 300 points or more.
Tools of War: Attendees are expected to bring their army, dice, a tape measure, all relevant rules publications, and at least 6 physical copies of their army roster (one for registration and one for each opponent). If you are using any electronic devices to carry your official rules references, please ensure they are charged and available for reference at all times.
ARMY CONSTRUCTION AND PAINTING
Each player will have their own separate 1,000 point army following the rules from the Matched Play Pitched Battle chart.
These armies must be selected following the usual Matched Play rules for picking your army. These two armies then combine in your games to create a Team army.
When building your army, use all the most up to date Warhammer Age of Sigmar Rules found in the Pitched Battle Publications list found in the Generals Handbook. Tome Celestial Battletome updates found in White Dwarf can also be used.
Each player’s 1,000 point army is entirely their own and must be fully contained within their own army roster, with some exceptions:
• Each player’s army must be from a different Faction, so you cannot take a doubles army consisting of two Stormcast forces for example.
• Any Unique units can only be included once per Team.
• You cannot duplicate core battalions in a Team.
• Each player’s army cannot include more than one model worth more than 300pts
• Each player selects a General from their individual 1,000 point army and may give them a Command Trait and Artefact of Power as normal. Note that as per the Core Rules, you cannot duplicate the same Artefact of Power in a Team, but Command Traits are otherwise unaffected.
• You cannot duplicate Universal Enhancements in a Team - the rare book store only has so many Arcane Tomes!
• You may not duplicate Warscrolls across a Team. e.g. You if you are taking Stormcast and Cities of Sigmar only 1 of you gets Vindicators!
• Player’s armies do not need to be able to ally with each other, but different allegiances within a player’s army must be able to ally following the normal rules.
When playing your games, rules that relate to an army or player will relate to your Team. For example if one player’s models gain control of an objective, the team gains control of it, and anything that is once per player is once per team.
• Your Team generates a Command Point at the start of each of your hero phases as normal, not one per player.
• Any extra command points generated by abilities can be shared by the team.
• If one player has spent the points for an Endless Spell, then all Wizards belonging to the Team army may use that spell providing they are able to cast it.
• You select one overall Grand Strategy for your Team army.
• You will select ONE Battle Tactic that your doubles army aims to complete each turn.
• At the start of each game you must nominate one General from the two available to lead the your Doubles army so your opponent knows who they need to slay for any relevant Battle Tactics.
• You may select Battletome Battle Tactics, but these can only be completed by models from that army.
Modeling and Painting
Playing exciting, atmospheric games with finely detailed, painted miniatures is intrinsic to the Warhammer experience. With this in mind, all miniatures in your collection must be fully assembled and painted to at least a Battle Ready standard.( More information on Battle Ready can be found at Warhammer-Community.com ) Each model must accurately represent its entry on your army roster.
Many players “scratch build” or heavily convert elements of their model collection, and these activities are a hallowed part of Warhammer hobby history. For the sake of fairness, any conversion should be comparable in size to the most current version of the model they represent. You may not gain a benefit from converted models, but may incur penalties.
At the end of each game, use the provided score sheet to record your results and provide them to the judges table. You will also need to input these results via the BCP App. This can be downloaded from www.bestcoastpairings.com or your App store.
The player with the most Victories will be the winner.
A player will be awarded 4 points for a Major Victory, 2 points for a Minor victory and 1 point for a draw. In the case of a tie the players will be split using the following tiebreakers:
- Major Victories
- Minor Victories
- Battle Tactics completed
- Grand Strategies completed
- Total Victory Points scored in games (these are the cumulative points gained from objectives, battle tactics and grand strategies, not kill points from units destroyed)
Lists must be submitted by Sunday 16th April on the BCP app
08:45 - 09:15 Registration
09:15 - 09:30 Briefing
09:30 - 12:15 Round 1
12:15 - 12:45 (provided ) - Leave armies out for display.
12:45 - 15:15 Round 2
15:15 - 15:30 Break
15:30 - 18:15 Round 3
10.00 - 10:15 Store opens
10:15 - 13.00 Round 4
13.00 - 13:30 Lunch (provided ) - Best Army voting
13.30 - 16:15 Round 5
16:30 Awards Presentations and home
Lunch both days will be provided.
If you have any special dietary requirements (& for the purposes of this please include if you are vegetarian or vegan) then please let us know before the event.
A Note on Lateness
Should you arrive late to Round 1 of the event, you may lose your spot to a person on the Waitlist. Assuming your spot is still available, you will be paired with any other late arrivals (again, where relevant) with a mandate to complete your game in the original Round time. A subsequently incomplete game may result in point penalties. If you arrive late to the first round on Day 2 of the tournament, you may incur a penalty.
We expect all players to see the game through to the very end and not concede, as doing so can impact tiebreakers and, ultimately, the final rankings. In the unlikely event that a player does concede before the game has reached its natural conclusion, then the conceding player earns a loss and zero points. The winning player records a major victory and maximum points for their grand strategy and battle tactics for the remaining rounds. Of course, if you have some kind of emergency that means you can’t proceed, just let us know as soon as you can.
The Warhammer Age of Sigmar hobby is multi-faceted; including social, gaming, and artistic components.
With that in mind we will award the following prizes:
- Best General 1st, 2nd, 3rd - these will be the players with the best record
- Favourite Army (player voted)
- Spot prizes throughout the games
1st, 2nd, 3rd and Best Painted will each win a trophy and £35, £25, £15 & £25 of vouchers respectively.
Your opponent for your first game will be randomly determined. Subsequent rounds will be organised using a Swiss system, however table placings will be randomised. And the leader boards will be hidden all weekend. If you ever find yourself facing off against a player you have faced previously, please contact a member of the team.
A Note on Results Reporting. Many players around the world happily participate in independently-run, often local ranking systems. Where relevant (such as the ITC), we will submit results sorted by Generalship for these standings.
Terrain will be set out on tables prior to Game 1. Before each game please adjust the terrain to follow the rules for objective and terrain placement. If you have any issues with terrain placement please ask the staff for help. If the terrain is based, then that base is used to define if a model is Wholly On Terrain.
Every effort should be made to allow players to use their faction terrain that they have spent time to paint. If faction terrain cannot be placed then please speak to a tournament organiser who will adjust the battlefield to accommodate the piece. This only applies to Faction Terrain that is set up before the game begins.
Tickets & Refunds
You are buying a virtual ticket, no physical ticket will be posted out to you.
We understand that life can get in the way of the best laid plans. Should something come up please contact us by Sunday 2nd May and we will issue you a full refund.
If you wish to ask any questions, discuss any conversions or to find out more about our events, please feel free to get in touch with us: